I BREATH FASHION

"Welcome to my Fashion Wonderland"

Saturday, March 5, 2011

"DEATH OF MY SKINNY JEANS"

Like my personality some style crushes border on obsession and it’s not that long ago, in fact only just 5 months ago after having my Son River Kai when I first fell for the Skinny Jeans and my current 2 much favoured Skinny Jeans are Victoria Beckham and J Brand and I’m wearing both pairs incessantly.  They are eroded with Love.  But Oh Boy, my affection for them came to an abrupt end After watching the series of Fashion Shows From NYC, London, Milan to Paris – it appears to me that the end has come for tight leg trews of “ SKINNY JEANS” – A NEW ERA is about to unfold for Trousers and it goes like this - FLOWY, FLUID, SUPER WIDE LEG, and HIGH WAISTED TROUSERS – Hoorah, The seventies are back Guys and totally Lauren Hutton’s Style….

Two days and many, many hours of internet-based flowing trouser research later – I hit that button to make my first order at Harvey Nichols Online – Maxmara’s ever so elegant pair of Silky, Fluid, White Pair of Palazzo Trouser and I am mostly not disappointed – and for sure elongating enough on my Pint Size legs.  With this, I opt for a pair of open toed leather Jimmy Choo platforms – Word of advise:  I think if you are wearing this length of trouser and as Wide as the Safari Tent you normally use in South Africa Then Super-High Shoes are an Absolute essential.

At a Grand Old Age of thirty something ahhhhh……nd  a bit more…I have finally realised that my clothes need to work a little harder for my Body.  I will be sad if ever I say Goodbye to my Skinny Love Affair – no doubt, My 2 Pairs are Fun and Frivolous – but I guess It’s time for a proper relationship.  So I’m committing to my Wide Legs all the way; well at least until next style crush comes along.


No comments:

Post a Comment