I BREATH FASHION

"Welcome to my Fashion Wonderland"

Friday, March 4, 2011

MY SON "RIVER KAI's" - FIRST TASTE OF GUCCI & BURBERRY



FIRST POSTED ON FB A/C ON 30 DEC. 2010

If Kingston or Zuma (Gwen Steffani’s Son) in Christian Audigier , Brooklyn (Victoria Beckham’s Son) in Armani or it could be Suri (Katie Holmes daughter) in Burberry, Harlow in Splendid THEN my Son River Kai will be in Gucci, Burberry, Dior, and Cashmere? Blame it on the celebrity weeklies or the adorable pint-sized designer duds from D&G to 3.1 Phillip Lim, but it has literally come down to my spending on me or on my 3 months old Son. I can't remember the last time I bought myself a £55 T-shirt, but for my Son? Well, that Baby Dior’s Shirts I spotted in Harrods is just irresistible.

Truth be told, River Kai’s wardrobe is a far cry from the inside of a Harrods children's department. Stacked among an £86 Burberry Trouser and an £84 Dior hoodie (which I bought two sizes too large to maximize its use) are the bulk of his wardrobe - comfy staples like a denim mini from the Gap for £10, Little Tshirts from Petit Bateau and plenty of Shirts from Ralph Lauren. By stocking up on these great, affordable finds, I can justify the occasional designer splurge, even if he'll outgrow it in one season.

A lot of cool moms I know, also in my Age and also fashion fans like me, could do with discount designer stores in Montecarlo like when I went to New York a few months ago – I went absolutely ballistic in Discounted Polo Ralph Lauren.  However, I am absolutely lost living in Montecarlo whereby everyone just simply pays the real prices at least 6 times more than the normal price, If I were to buy exactly the same in the States - Any suggestions????

My personal favorite for recession-friendly, on-trend pieces that look much more expensive than they are is H&M, where I just found the cutest T-Shirts in both toddler and Grown up sizes.  At 13Euros (toddler sizes) and 14Euros (for ages 14 and up - which is roomy enough to accommodate my still-not-flat, post-baby belly), I didn't have to choose between buying one for River Kai or one for myself. I got both!  Now, Call me Ridiculous.....But I will not even think twice when it comes to my Son.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment