I BREATH FASHION

"Welcome to my Fashion Wonderland"

Friday, March 4, 2011

"THE PURSUIT OF THE PERFECT DRESS"


POST FIRST WRITTEN: 5 JULY 2009

TRANSPORTED FROM FB ACCOUNT

I was in London last weekend for my yearly Girl Friends Get together weekend and without an ounce of doubt “Shopping” was on our top of our Agenda to say the least. I had two things in my mind is to buy an evening Summer cocktail Dress for my Birthday tomorrow (6 JULY) and a pair of Black Louboutin Shoes.

It was the first day of Harrods Sale and believe it or not we were queuing for what seems to be an eternity but nothing’s stood in my way since I was in pursuit of that perfect Evening Cocktail Dress. Well, call me small minded or what, but finding a Perfect Dress is like falling in love - one can never be sure quite why it works; it just does. I would rather say, I am not a Fashion Victim but rather a Style Conscious Woman - who knows that magical feeling of slipping on a dress that makes me feel sooo good and feel like a goddess. It can also make me feel taller especially with my “Midget Profile” and will for sure put a real swagger in my stride. I would think that my Dress takes on an identity of its own and will become an integral part of my night’s memory and something I can keep forever and pass down to my next generation, Don’t you think so? maybe not? but this is Nancy you’re talking!!

Dress?? - For me knowing what suits me is the key, my silhouette, what am I confident with? No sleeves, No waist however must cling to my body and the colour that suits me. Once I find it, I stick to it and I know I’m going to feel Wonderful. Well as predicted, I have found a Dress and bought it made by someone called LANVIN - Honestly, I paid nearly cost to nothing since it was sold as Sample Sale - we’ll wait and see tomorrow wat dya tink of it - will post something on FB? I guess it’s like the saying - “The proof of the pudding is in the eating”.

My devotion to the pursuit of the perfect Dress each time I go to an event was evident even as a little girl - I remember when I was growing up - I adored two dresses, both made of velvet; one burgundy and the other Red - I always insisted on wearing them with my black patent shoes - I loved them so much that sometimes I wanted to wear them even if there was no party, and would cry if my Mum tried to put me in anything else - AND I have not changed a bit - I Will still go out of my way to get that DRESS I wanted, ha ha ha.

My idea of a Dressing up fantasy - WELL, for sure very different and I think the Designer Lanvin understands that a woman prefers to feel sensual rather than Sexual approach. It’s about making someone like me empowered instead of being a sexual object. 

For me, The perfect evening dress is a way of showing to the world who you are and I think if you want to know the definitive colour, cut, material and shape of the perfect party dress - I realise now that there isn’t one - but I always put something on that surely makes me Smile, Voila ........

No comments:

Post a Comment