I BREATH FASHION

"Welcome to my Fashion Wonderland"

Friday, March 4, 2011

"SHOPAHOLIC - OVERDOSE"





It’s hard to get my head round the fact that someone has actually made a movie of what seem to be my lifetime obsession “Shopping” – I must admit I rushed and queue for long Bloody hours to get the longer and unedited version of this movie and I watched it and felt like I am seeing my own Memoir… Well, My Mum is an RTW or Ready To Wear Ladies Designer so you would understand that it’s only natural that my Fashion and Spending prowess (I guess, Synonyms to each other) began at an early age. My Mum told me before that I deserve to go for least a month solitary confinement facility called “Intervention” – you know like those Cocaine or Drug Addict – Oh boy, I used to spend money like it's going out of style and there's no tomorrow. I even had some run in with my Bank Manager a few times but since I used to work for Lloyds Bank then they were quite happy to deduct it directly from my Monthly Salary –and even to this day my Retired Manager still talks about it and has been a Dinner Party Laughter. It all started with stealing my mother’s heels and heirloom jewelry for dress up as a little one, and very quickly blossomed into parading around the house in her dresses and purses until Ì coerced my mother into finally letting me have my own loot. Always on the hunt for something different, my designer closet knows no bounds in terms of volume or materials. My life would probably be fairly empty by modern style maven standards without beautiful Bags, Sky-high heels and Party Dresses, most of which have only seen the light of day once or twice. I would say I am an avid shopper and NOT a Shopaholic, and a smart one at that, Who shows no signs of stopping anytime soon. What Recession? 

No comments:

Post a Comment