I BREATH FASHION

"Welcome to my Fashion Wonderland"

Saturday, March 19, 2011

"A LA CARRIE BRADSHAW's FASHION IDEAS"

When it comes to fashion, I’ve always considered Carrie Bradshaw a heroine–whether her outfits left me cringing or coveting, she always did it with zest, spunk, panache, and loads of style.  In fact, she plays an extremely Huge Part in my Fashion sense of Style ..if I have any??? and without a doubt my utmost Fashion Inspiration.
Like many women, Sex and the City and that fabulous foursome have been a part of my life for a long time, and while it’s an imperfect series, it’s not one that ended without leaving a generation of women a lot of life lessons.  I’ve jotted few what I think I’ve learned from Carrie Bradshawnified Fashion ideas….
Have FUN with Fashion/Don’t be afraid to try something NEW.  Carrie’s outfits always showed her flair for fashion, and she wasn’t afraid to try something new– whether it was new to her or a new trend.  Her outfits always reflected her spunky and playful personality.
Invest in GOOD shoes.  Good doesn’t have to mean expensive and strictly Manolos–afterall, there are plenty of horror stories about designer shoes dying after walking a few blocks.  But what I mean INVEST in good shoes, ones you can wear over and over, and that you love, that will treat you & your body great.  Although, honestly, nearly all of my Shoes look Spectacular but always leaves me breathless after taking them off due to Pain.
You don’t have to defend your love of fashion. To be honest, I don’t think I saw any of those women apologise for their love of fashion. Neither will I, and neither should you. My Motto is. If I like it then I’m going to Frickinnn Get it…
You’re never too old to play dress up. Whether it’s dressing up for a night out with the girls, or just because you’re feeling extra fabulous that day, Carrie reminds us all that we don’t need to save our best, most amazing frocks & accessories for special occasions.  Every day that we get up is another opportunity to dress up– however the Hell we feel like.  Honestly, working in a Company of Oil & Gas whereby you normally see a lot of Engineers and Women who basically are not as Crazy as me in Fashion – I normally get asked – Whether I’m going somewhere?  And I replied: No, just my ordinary Day Outfit….and you should see when I’m all Dolled Up…
You DON’T have to sacrifice personal style because: you hit 40 (or 52); you have kids; you’re in a professional job. One of the most inspiring things, as a young woman, was seeing how these women held firmly on to their sense of identity through relationships & break-ups, marriages & divorces, childbirth, aging, and more.  You are who you are– and that shouldn’t be sacrificed because an element in your life has changed.
Look to the past, and your own past, when shopping Early SatC Carrie loved her vintage, and I imagine she was the type of woman to shop for life– buying pieces she knew she’d love in 10 years, regardless of how it was dated or not.  Find the pieces that flatter your mind and your body, and keep it in your possession until it’s “Bloody” worn out. 
Just because it’s in style– or out of style– doesn’t mean it’s for/not for you. One of the great things Patricia Field did in designing the show was creating women with their own sense of style.  Trends can fit in to, be a part of, or expand your own sense of personal style.  But always be sure to keep an open mind about fashion.  Voila…Anyone wanted to PLAY DRESSING UP?  Then Calllllll Meeeeeeeeeee  xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment