I BREATH FASHION

"Welcome to my Fashion Wonderland"

Sunday, March 13, 2011

"MY OSCARS.....NIFIED FASHION VISION"


With the Oscars done and dusted once again I’m here to spew some of my Oscars...nified Fashion Vision – I know, it’s certainly and seemingly like History now by Hollywood standard and I won’t be at all surprise if they are now working on their 2012 Outfits. But Hey, I’ve got a 5 month Old Son who basically keeping me occupied doing all the Mothering Business and since I paid extra for a TV Chanel just to get the Oscars coverage shown live simultaneously in Montecarlo then believe me I’m going to blurt it out anyway.

The red carpet for ME is NOT the Runway. It is pure Fantasy. And that is what I love about it and what I love about dressing up....Having said that this year’s Oscars? it has been tragically overcome by the tyranny of tiresome stylists – those of uniform vision (hello? have you never wondered why in a single year you get Nudes, Silver, & purple dresses, sixteen strapless silhouettes and a “bridal” theme – trends which just emerge).  What happen to the Genius & extra ordinary Work of Zuhair Murad (Photos above) – each time I think of his pieces and Day Dreaming being in a La La Fantasy Land “Sophistication and liberation of the self are the words I call it” – a true remake of an Old Movie “Ping” Chicago is what comes to mind and for me Dressing Up is all about putting up a Fantasy Chicago Show….OR what about Elie Saab’s trademark Gowns Full of elegance, Vivid Colours and just those special touches of him which make women dangerously irresistible – Where were they?

This year’s Oscars I was hoping to feel warm, fuzzy, mythical and for Goodness sake – I would have wanted to see at least one SERIOUSLY. GREAT. DRESS like the ones of Penelope Cruz in Versace, Year 2008.  Inspite of my Fashion Ranting whose opinions does not really matter in the World of Fashion… this Year’s Oscars Red Carpet was a constellation of Hollywood’s brightest stars, and the very best of celebrity fashion. Drawing inspiration from these leading ladies, we’re dishing out our style tips for achieving a red carpet look and for sure giving me a close up with all the trend breakdown featuring a variety of Jewel Mint selection which helps my 2011 Social event Calendar consisting of 2 Summer Red Carpet Party, 1 Wedding, 3 Christening - ALL I can say....Lights, camera, style! Lights, camera, style!

No comments:

Post a Comment